Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Plant Protection Officer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Plant Protection Officer at our Rocket Center, WV offices.
- Perform Employee and Visitor Access control at Building #415/Hilltop Complex. Issue employee and visitor security badges.
- Enforce Conditions of Entry to the ABL Government Facility.
- Conduct badge inspections.
- Conduct Department of Defense Security Inspections
- Enforce all Department of Defense and ATK Safety and Security policies
- Must be able to clearly communicate and provide directions to personnel.
- Monitor Security Cameras, Fire alarm System, Answering Telephone,
- Activate proper Plant Alarms, Initiating proper notification during plant emergencies and alarms.
- Maintain accountability of key control/issue as required by DOD/AAE.
- Provide medical treatment for all medical emergencies on the facility.-
- Provide emergency fire response and be able to implement firefighting tactics.
- Respond to investigation of smoke, trespassers, strange vehicles, conducting patrols of Plant #1, Plant #2, #500 Area, and State Route #956.
- Must be able to write accurate, detailed reports for medical and security incidents as required.
- Must provide professional, courteous security services to all incoming customers, visitors and employees.
- Monitor cure bay and explosive operations and report malfunctions to proper Building Supervisor and Maintenance for immediate corrective action. Provide traffic stops during explosives’ movements.
- Ability to achieve Firearms Qualification as required – rifle, handgun and shotgun - within 90 days of hiring.
- Active, valid driver’s license.
- Physically qualified – ability to pass physician’s physical and perform duties of a fire brigade member in accordance with NFPA 4.5.2 and OSHA 1910.156(b)(2)
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Department of Defense Security Clearance at level required 9which require US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.)
- Must be EMT Certified (with 3 years active experience as a volunteer or paid employee preferred) and have current certifications. Current certifications must be maintained.
- Must be Fire Fighter Certified (with 3 years active experience as volunteer or paid employee preferred )and have current certifications. Current certifications must be maintained.
- Ability to participate in specialty teams – hazwaste response, confined space rescue, as required.
- Obtain and maintain an ATF EPQ.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred
- Security, Law Enforcement or Military Background with 2 years or more experience, preferably in a defense manufacturing environment preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years