Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Program Control Analyst - DoD Programs
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Senior Program Control Analyst for our Elkton, Maryland office. Our ideal candidate will have 6-8 years of very relevant experience working on DoD program(s).
The Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
As a Program Control Analyst you will be responsible for supporting our Development related business programs. This position will work very closely with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems program management, operational leaders, and internal and external customers.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to the follow tasks:
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and communicate recommendations to management in a clear, organized summary.
- Work with the program team to integrate project cost with scheduled activity.
- Provide monthly / quarterly reporting and analysis to support business processes.
- Assist in planning and forecasting program financial performance. Prepare future strategic plans.
- Serve as a resource to management in understanding results by reporting and investigating variances.
- Use financial reporting and provide analysis of key metrics to direct management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university (will be verified).
- 6 years of related accounting or financial experience (including pre graduate work).
- Working knowledge of federal acquisition regulations, and experience with analysis and reporting on government and commercial programs.
- Experience supporting programs with Earned Value Management Systems criteria, including preparation of performance measurement baselines, implementation of baseline changes, performing variance analysis, and preparing CPR/IPMR reports.
- Knowledge of applications in a computerized environment, including spreadsheet applications and data bases (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Power Point).
- Independent self-starter and proactive contributor. Seeks to continually improve business processes and add value.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated success building partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines. Organize deliverables in a clean and presentable format.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience with Open Plan software and Microsoft Project are a plus.
- Cobra experience and Cost point experience are a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Audits, Forecasting, Accounting, Program Management, Financial Analysis, Project Management, Government Regulations, Business Analysis, Reporting, Communication Skills, DFAR, EAC, Written/Verbal Communication, EVMS, FAR, Finance