Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Manufacturing Engineer (Active Security Clearance Required)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an Associate Manufacturing Engineer, to join our team in Clearfield, Utah.
Support manufacturing in mid and high-rate composite part production facility. Work closely with manufacturing personnel and operations to solve production issues in layup (hand and automated), secondary bonding, autoclave cure, machining, NDI, assembly and final inspection processes. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts to the customer(s). Resolve issues on the spot to keep production moving with little to no schedule impact while maintaining the quality of the product and safety of the operation. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Science
- Process/Manufacturing/Design Engineering experience
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills, strong oral, and written communications skills
- Demonstrated organization and multitasking skills
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment
- Electronic shop floor authoring experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Active Secret Level DOD Clearance, required to start
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of root cause/corrective action processes and techniques
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Functional knowledge of production control systems
- Experience authoring, modifying and auditing procedures with Solumina
- Experience estimating, planning, and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements
- Experience using SPC to monitor and improve processes
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year