Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Quality Systems Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Assist the department manager with maintaining the Quality Management Systems (QMS) certifications for AS9100 and, ISO 9001 standards.
Administrative duties in support of Quality Management System including but not limited to writing procedures and generating reports in support of the quality system and its performance, support internal and external audits.
This position will perform a variety of duties in support of the Quality Engineering and Quality Control departments including but not limited to performing some inspection of materials and parts to Purchase Order, Work Order, and Procedure Requirements.
Provide administrative support to various Sr. Quality Engineers on a day to day basis. Help resolve quality issues related to Nonconformance, Corrective Action, and End Item Data Packages (EIDP’s).
Able to schedule and/or support all shifts as necessary to meet company goals.
- 5+ years aerospace experience in Quality Assurance related fields.
- Good written communication and presentation skills.
- Skilled at supporting internal and external audits for QMS.
- Must be familiar with standard Visual and Mechanical Inspection techniques and tools.
- Ability to read Drawings and other Technical Data required.
- Good communication skills required, both written and oral format.
- Ability to successfully interact with both internal and external customers on a variety of technical solutions.
- Experience with AS9100 QMS. MS Office computer skills required. (MS Access, Project experience a plus)
- Confidence to enforce Quality Management System policies and procedures, while also working as part of a Team.
- Ability to read and interpret Drawings per ASME Y14.5 and Technical Data and Documents.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision. Good time management skills.
- Mechanical Inspection hands on experience.
- Understanding of Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) as associated with MRB/FRB investigations.
- MS Office computer skills
- First Article (AS9102) Documentation experience a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED