Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
LEAN Support Specialist
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Lean Support Specialist will be part of our diverse Execution team and provide direct support to continuously improve the safety, quality, delivery and cost performance in the building and testing of advanced composite space and aerospace flight hardware.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, engineering, quality and test personnel to develop and support the implementation of continuous improvement projects by optimizing flow of parts, tools, equipment and people
- Support and maintain the various daily management visual boards used throughout the organization which plan daily tasks, monitor safety, quality, delivery, employee and cost performance and plan/implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Participate in 5S assessments and support the closure of resulting actions and opportunities
- Participate in kaizen events and support related activities such as creating process maps, conducting time studies and implementing future state ideas
- Assist in the execution of facility projects such as expansions, renovations and moves
- Support internal manufacturing, operations and engineering customers by rapidly sourcing and procuring various non-flight tools, fixtures, shop aides, manufacturing supplies, etc
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and a passion for implementing change
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to help turn continuous improvement ideas into reality
- Ability to organize, balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with sourcing and procuring items from online industrial retailers such as McMaster-Carr, Grainger, MSC, etc
- High school diploma required, college coursework preferred
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment required, aerospace composite manufacturing preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude required, fabrication and assembly experience preferred
- Lean training and/or certifications preferred (i.e. six sigma green belt)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED