Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Manufacturing Tech - PE - 2nd Shift
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup Grumman is currently hiring an Associate Manufacturing Technician – Project Employee in our San Diego, CA location. This position is a temp-to-hire position perfect for those interested in getting their foot in the door of a thriving company! Successful candidates will work 2nd shift and be responsible for the following:
- Prep, prime, and paint flooring and other structures as needed.
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Bond, prep and bonding of composite structures.
- Notate usage and out time controls on all adhesive materials used.
- Report data and interface with other employees and departments.
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
- Able to read, write and work to written instructions, blueprints, or shop drawings in English.
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize.
- Standard computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
Successful candidate will work 1st Shift (5:00 am - 2:30 pm) in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED