Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Enterprise Services Program Director - Defense Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Enterprise Services Program Director (ESPD) supporting the Innovation Systems Defense Systems Division. This role is responsible and accountable for ES service delivery, strategic demand planning, governance and compliance for the division. The position will be located in the Mid-Atlantic region and able to work from a major NGIS office location. Regular engagement with the Division headquarters in Baltimore, MD is required.
The ESPD will report to the Enterprise Services (ES) Vice President and CIO for Innovation Systems (IS), with strong alignment to NGIS Division President, General Manager and their staff. The successful candidate will hold bottom line responsibility for planning and delivery of all Enterprise Services and IT infrastructure, services and initiatives for the division.
- Direct and lead all Enterprise Services and IT initiatives for the division.
- Provide regular leadership and guidance to direct reports and large cross functional matrix team.
- Execute on strategic planning and cost and schedule focused delivery
- Provide for cost effective and timely delivery of high-quality ES services and products to division customers
- Participate as an active team staff member in key Divisional recurring operations, including: NCTA planning and review, Business Capture Gate Reviews, Business Unit Activity sessions, ICE/NAR & FRRR reviews, Division Strategy and AOP/LRSP processes as required.
- Support Division C-101 Business Capture Gates special activities as required.
- Support Corporate Office requirements for multi-sector interfaces and activities where required.
- Establish and drive the sector’s information technology (IT) strategy and direction, with a focus on leveraging all ES services while meeting all legal, ethical, and financial commitments.
- Ensure the alignment of Enterprise Services with Division strategies, segment plans and business needs, and determining opportunities for shared solutions across the sector.
- Ensure the alignment of IT Solutions organization, services, service levels, technology, and business process re-engineering initiatives with Sector and Division strategies, business needs, and affordability while providing high-value ES services at the lowest possible cost.
- Lead and support the development of enterprise architecture, with an eye on improving the commonality of business processes through improvement methodologies using business systems and management processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve systems integration by reducing redundancy and cost, while at the same time increasing productivity and cost competitiveness
- Team with Division business partners, specifically Capture and Business Unit Directors to identify, promote and enable new business opportunities and process improvements which result in cost reductions and/or enhanced service levels
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experienced program manager or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience leading diverse functional or program teams, driving outcomes and achieving results
- Demonstrated experience working with matrixed or virtual teams
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in program management, analysis, planning, presentation and human relations’ skills are required
- 25% travel is required
- Must have current Secret Clearance
- Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and business acumen.
- Strong exposure to project based ERP systems, as well as business and manufacturing processes.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: MRP, PLM, MES, EV, Lean Processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Information Technology