Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position within the Northrop Grumman Law Department will support the company’s Innovation Systems sector. Counsel will provide legal advice to sector executives and business partners on a broad range of subject matters with an emphasis on U.S. and international government, commercial, and supply chain contracts. Responsibilities will also include managing outside counsel, and coordinating with legal specialists inside the company to support litigation, internal investigations, intellectual property, export, ethics and business conduct, anti-corruption, employment, and other matters impacting the business. To succeed in this fast-paced environment requires strong leadership skills, demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively, commitment to innovation and continuous process improvement, and ownership of results. The position will be located in Dulles, VA. It will involve regular out-of-town business travel.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- 8+ years of experience (3+ years of experience with government contracts law, including FAR, DFARS, federal procurement statutes and regulations, and bid protest jurisprudence; total of 6 years advising on government, commercial and international contracts)
- 3+ years of law firm experience (prior in-house or government experience considered)
- Admitted and a member in good standing of a State Bar
- Ability to direct the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Significant experience with contracting and subcontracting on government programs including proposal development, negotiations, risk mitigation, contract performance, dispute resolution, and bid protests
- Excellence in analyzing legal concepts and ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, including all levels of management, customer representatives and attorneys, and all levels of Government agency personnel, including DCAA and DCMA
- Knowledgeable in international business development, contracting and regulatory compliance matters, including ITAR, EAR, FCPA, and trade compliance regulations
- Proven success leading teams and driving for results in a matrixed organization
- Ability to provide accurate, timely, and pragmatic advice
- Highly skilled in collaboration and teamwork
- Demonstrates highest level of integrity and ethical behavior in exercising impeccable judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Active U.S. DoD security clearance at the Secret level or higher; eligible to obtain a U.S. Top Secret/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years