Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is seeking a Quality Engineer to work at our New River Energetics site in Radford, VA. This position will ensure that product and services meet high quality standards to meet customer expectations. In this position, you will verify quality and performance of the products in addition to troubleshooting the rectification of any existing errors or defects.
- Verify Lab data is robust and accurate, assuring product was tested to the correct specification
- Troubleshoot customer complaints to identify Root Cause issues
- Projects include but are not limited to cost reduction activities, repeat failure corrective actions, and improved product performance
- Formulate or help formulate quality policies and procedures
- Conduct training on quality concepts and tools
- Interface with other engineering components within the company, customers, and suppliers on quality related issues, auditing, incoming material cost and quality improvements.
- Maintain a robust quality management system in a manufacturing environment
- Analyze, identify and implement manufacturing and/or business process improvements to improve capability and performance
- Create and maintain quality manuals and quality procedures
- Troubleshoot problems or flaws in the product provided for testing and production
- Meet with members of the production team to offer recommendations and share results
- Perform internal audits to assure QMS ISO compliance
- Participate in teams to help make necessary improvements and changes to all process related issues in the production
- Maintain supplier quality system including audit schedule
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline. Ideal candidates will have a BS degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 1-3 years’ of experience in a Quality Engineering role, preferably in a manufacturing and production environment
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification, highly desired
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience applying quality practices in manufacturing and observing practices are adhered to.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years