Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
CAD Designer (Senior Design Technician)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking an experienced CAD Designer (Senior Design Technician) for our Design Modeling Group in Rocket Center, WV. In this role, you will model fully defined components and assemblies using Siemens NX11, and will create/revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME modeling and drawing standards.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work from rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches and instructions to create product/tooling designs and layouts
- Design minor components or portions of major systems, and modify existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations
- Mechanical modeling utilizing either I-deas NX6.6, or NX11
- Check designs for fit, function, manufacturability, and economical fabrication
- Review drawings from other Drafters and Designers
- Perform tolerance stack analysis
- Ensure work is accurate, complete, on schedule and on budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent is required
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Drafting/Design/CAD or Technical design is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years CAD experience; experience with Siemens NX is preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing and ASME Y14.5M
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- US Citizen; must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong business ethics, personal organization and trustworthiness
- Analytical thinker, with strong problem solving and time management skills
- Comfortable working extended periods at a workstation
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Desire and willingness to learn
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED