Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Cost Estimating Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking a Cost Estimating Analyst to provide support to our Missile Products team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
- Estimate labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request for proposal (RFP) data received from prospective customers
- Analyze program and statement of work requirements, bills of material and calculate production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data
- Collect cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors
- Compute cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor
- Prepare and maintain historical cost data
- Create cost models for cost estimating elements
- Prepare cost reports and present findings to management, contract personnel, proposal managers, customer representatives, Government auditors, vendors and subcontractors
- BS in Accounting or Finance with 1+ years’ experience OR AA with 2+ years of Accounting or Finance experience
- MBA in Accounting and/or Finance preferred
- Experience in related work such as cost analysis or estimating in a manufacturing environment is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to master other computer applications quickly
- Experience with ProPricer software desirable
- Ability to interact effectively across various departments within our organization
- Able to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years