Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Manager of Mission Assurance/Inspection
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Manager of Mission Assurance has the overall responsibility for the Receiving and Inspection, Union Inspection, and Quality Assurance functions. The position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Mission Assurance.
- Monitor and manage department budgets
- Develop and improve inspection methods and techniques
- Provide direct supervision to Quality Supervisors
- Develop and implement process for motivating, engaging and recognizing team
- Coach, mentor and when necessary discipline subordinates to encourage high performance
- Manage the source inspection function
- Collect and report quality metrics
- Implement and maintain 5S
- Provide technical support to Inspectors (GD&T and CMM experience)
- Interface with Quality Engineering on scheduling and technical issues
- Provide hands-on support as required
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with external customers as well as all plant personnel. Good oral and written communication skills.
Candidate must have aerospace experience in a supervisory role. Additional Supervisor experience in the areas of Assembly, production/operations, machine shop, composites, layup, is preferred.
Requirements & Qualification
- BS in Engineering or in a related technical field
- Experience in NDI Inspection and Coordinate Measuring Machines is mandatory.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience is required
- 4 years minimum creating automated/DCC inspection programs for use on Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM).
- 6 years minimum experience utilizing Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM).
- 10 years Quality Engineering/Inspection experience, preferred
- Experience developing disciplined processes, while implementing reward and accountability measures.
- Comprehensive understanding of ANSI/ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards with expertise in interpretation and application of GD&T specifications.
- Ability to work with custom manufacturing software (specifically, Solumina) to maintain quality records, traceability, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years