Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Financial Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Principal Financial Analyst position will be located at our Baltimore, MD Group Headquarters location and will report directly to the Vice President of Finance.
Primary responsibilities include financial reporting, financial planning and support of special projects.
- Consolidate monthly operations package
- Prepare various Group financial reporting
- Lead balance sheet review with Corporate
- International Accounting
- Consolidate annual Financial Plan
- Lead cash flow / working capital initiatives
- Provide Division support for key issues
- M&A data requests
- Goodwill analysis
- R&D tax credit analysis
- Coordinate implementation of the revenue recognition policy
- Data analysis
- International joint venture accounting and financial analysis
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 8+ years of related work experience, 1+ years of FP&A experience
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deltek Costpoint and DoD experience is preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401K, and much more.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Accounting, Finance