Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Manage an ongoing college recruiting program of approx. 100 Entry level professionals and 100 interns yearly.
- Confer with hiring leaders and Human Resource business partners in order to identify talent needs, as well as build and execute appropriate recruitment strategies.
- Understand business strategy and operational goals
- Develop thoughtful, comprehensive, position-specific search strategies that incorporate best practice recruiting methodologies
- Ensure an understanding of job duties, responsibilities and business requirements for positions that require recruitment.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with respective hiring leaders to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements and business need.
- Pre-qualify candidates and develop interview slates.
- Manage and coordinate all communication with candidates, including interview preparation, process overview, setting expectations, post-offer discussions, closing, offer letter review and general on-boarding.
- Explain compensation and benefits programs.
- Collaborate with the HR service center and hiring managers to develop and execute an effective, efficient on-boarding process for each new hire.
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring manager's interactions, and other recruiting activities.
- Ensure compliance in the selection process and apply knowledge of OFCCP/EEO guidelines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience in full life-cycle recruitment of technical professionals
- Understanding of OFCCP/EEO guidelines and how it applies to the recruitment cycle
- Proven experience with creative sourcing (social media, online job boards, etc.)
- Proficiency in personal computer use (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Expertise: Human Resources