Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Flight Software GN&C Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Work with minor supervision and/or leading a small group to accomplish spacecraft Guidance, Navigation, & Control (GN&C) flight software (FSW) development, design and test. Design various GN&C algorithms using various tools, including MATLAB and C/C++ compilers. Develop subsystem specifications, develop GNC flight software and test environment, and test GNC flight software. Develop and test operations scripts. Document results and create presentation materials.
Education and Experience
**Top Secret Security Clearance required with a valid background investigation**
- Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years
- Strong C/C++ programmer with embedded software experience
- Great attention to detail, with a desire to create clean, clear, maintainable code
- Ability to rapidly prototype and test algorithm ideas with high-level programming languages like Python and MATLAB
- Create well-written and testable software requirements
Preferred candidate would possess:
- MS or PhD degree
- Test-driven development and continuous integration frameworks such as Jenkins.
- Model based software development using Matlab/Simulink (auto-coding).
- Data analysis tools such as MATLAB or Python/SciPy.
- Visual Studio 2015 IDE.
- Configuration management (Subversion).
- Guidance algorithms, Kalman Filters and PID and phasing logic algorithms.
- Linear and non-linear control design, design and tuning Kalman filters for attitude determination and relative navigation.
- Missions involved with rendezvous and proximity operations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years