Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Tech Writer/Editor
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Education and Experience
Work directly with Engineers, Technicians and QA to define and improve processes, procedures, and workflows. Interface and collaborate with cross-functional departments to fully understand products, procedures and processes as well as equipment/machinery to develop Work Instructions using MES software using excellent Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensure accuracy by reviewing documents for completeness and proper authorization for approvals
- Coordinate revisions, reviews and approvals
- Interprets and enforces all documentation formatting, standards, policies, and operating procedure requirements
- Analyze and evaluate data, extract pertinent information, prepare required documents
- Ensures a controlled documentation system with record retention
- Assures procedures are in place to quantify appropriate Work Instructions
- Maintain extensive knowledge of product information and continuous contacts with team members
- Will also call upon to perform other Manufacturing duties related to processes
- Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, and release on time
- Ensure that documents meet standards for quality, format and style
- Assist in establishing style guidelines and standards for WI in MES
- May assist in the training of staff
- Perform data management and track documents
- Perform related Manufacturing processes duties as assigned or required.
Position requires a Bachelor's Degree and five years of related experience.
Emphasis on working in a controlled industry is preferred. Ability to understand new processes/systems and put them into written format. Demonstrates analytical problem solving skills. Demonstrates ability to explain complex concepts with clarity and simplicity. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills Ability to work on several projects at the same time with changing priorities. Must be assertive and resourceful.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years