Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Responsible for managing several key Marketing activities for NGIS’ Group including:
- Planning and executing all NGIS customer conferences, industry trade shows and events in support of all Divisions and Business Areas.
- Day-to-day operations of the Customer Relations Management tool, Salesforce.com
- Support NGIS Strategy & Market Intelligence function in market and competitive research projects in support of NGIS strategic planning activities
- Assist with a variety of marketing tasks such as presentations, publications, exhibits, advertising and promotional items. Work closely with internal and external production departments, as needed, ensuring that schedules and priorities are met.
Coordinate with the various NGIS Business Development teams and the Communication Manager to develop an effective Marketing Events plan including messaging and promotions and ensure efficient execution of the plan to meet the goals of the organization.
Reporting to the Vice President, NGIS Strategy & Business Development, the Marketing -Administrator will have specific responsibility for:
1.Managing & coordinating events and trade show activities including planning, program agenda, transportation, show services, graphics and promotions for all NGIS.
2.Coordinating & managing NGIS’ Commercial Satellite launch marketing activities including coordinating with Launch Vehicle Providers Marketing teams, NGIS Program teams and others responsible for the planning of the launches. Responsible for planning VIP attendance, gifts and promotional items
3.Efficiently managing the Marketing events budget for the group to meet business objectives.
4.Supporting the continued operations of Salesforce.com including:
- Managing NGIS level reporting and supporting division-level users with their reporting
- Managing NGIS user base and training new users
- Coordinating the resolution of or resolving user issues
- Implementing future system customizations
- Managing 3rd party developer (Rainmaker) activities
- Supporting NGIS Sector level reporting
5.Maintaining all advertising and trade show calendars in cooperation with business area leads and support functions
6.Other duties as assigned including: Assisting with strategy and market analysis research, compiling and assembling background materials for presentations and other special projects.
7. Travel to and arrange logistics and participation at a variety of conferences and events both domestic and international. Travel up to 25% of the time
No Supervisory responsibilities. This position is responsible for planning and managing a significant marketing budget.
WRITTEN AND VERBAL CONTACT
Interacts with all levels of the organization and external representatives/customers at a higher level.
A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent.
One to Three years of related experience is required.
Demonstrated ability to effectively manage budgets and schedules.
Demonstrated ability to effectively interact/communicate with internal and external clients and suppliers.
Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Windows required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years