Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Pr. Aerosciences Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Problem decomposition and analysis of continuum, rarefied and/or plasma flows in complex configurations by means of numerical techniques such as CFD, DSMC, PIC, etc.
- Grid generation of internal/external geometries using structured multi-block, unstructured, hybrid, and overset meshes for viscous, rarefied and plasma simulations. Problem set up, numerical execution and post-processing of solutions.
- Use of High Performance Computing (HPC) Linux clusters for convergence and solution of numerical simulations.
- Physical modeling and/or model implementation of test set-ups, plasma thrusters, flow systems, etc. Validation of numerical models by means of empirical data.
- Technical support to other engineering disciplines like Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C), Propulsion, Thermal, etc.
- Generation of Statements of Work (SOW) and management of subcontract work to outside vendors.
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports for internal and external customers.
- Participation in program meetings and design reviews (PDR, CDR, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree with seven years experience and Master (MS) or Doctorate (PhD) degree in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong background in fluid dynamics, rarefied flow or plasma flows. Strong background in numerical simulation.
- Working experience with Linux OS and HPC platforms. Programming experience with C language and Python scripting. Working experience with government and commercial CFD software like Loci-CHEM or GASP, DSMC software like DAC or MONACO, and PIC software like COLISEUM. Working experience with pre- and post-processing software like Pointwise, Tecplot and ParaView.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years