Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Manager Business Development
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Sr. Manager Business Development National Security Systems is responsible for achieving targeted results for the development and capture of new business, both internationally and domestically. The selected individual will be held accountable for the team’s identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the business forecast and plan. Business development activities include account management, pipeline management and prioritization, lead generation, and all capture and marketing activities (e. g., win strategy, teaming, white paper development, formal proposal writing, and trade shows) that focus on branding and developing winning profitable programs. This position will report to the National Security Systems Group Vice President and lead the delivery and direction of all business development activities for this area.
- Define and execute Business Development strategies, programs and activities.
- Perform as the NSS Business Development leader, providing the necessary leadership and guidance to the team to achieve and surpass revenue, profit, growth targets, and increase win rates
- Develop, maintain, and leverage existing relationships with key customer decision makers and acquisition officials.
- Perform detailed analysis including SWOT, GAP, and other known techniques to position products or services to maximize success in all of the current or future markets.
- Collaborate with management teams and programs to effectively develop, implement, and successfully execute a growth strategy.
- Collaborate on the preparation and delivery of written and oral presentations to customers and Orbital ATK Corporation Executive team members.
- Be a strategic member of the management team of the National Security Systems Group.
- A demonstrable track record of building and leading a large Business Development organization.
- Proven leadership, strong organization management skills, and ability to operate independently.
- Strong background developing successful lead generation and marketing programs.
- Knowledge of Federal business acquisition process and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Hands on leader with the ability to attract and retain a highly motived and talented Business Development team.
- Ability to work and thrive in a highly collaborative and transparent environment.
- Capability to execute on vision, drive business results, and strategic growth in a highly competitive environment.
- A track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives
- Demonstrated capability to lead organizations focused on execution and growth, and build and sustain customer intimacy at the highest levels.
- Significant experience building credibility and dealing with key industry analysts and press.
- Executive presence and strong communication skills.
- Sound business judgment and strong operational acumen.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 15 year’s relevant work experience
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing Intelligence, and/or DoD and Commercial Aerospace/Space business.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Experience in budget management of B&P, IRAD and overhead dollars.
- Top Secret clearance required (requires US Citizenship). SCI access also strongly preferred.
- High energy and action-oriented. A history of getting things done in complex environments. Someone who can influence others and implement change and standardize processes. Have the energy level and results-orientation required to succeed in a high growth company.
- Self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach.
- Must have integrity beyond reproach and the ethical soundness of a true leader.
- Superior analytical skills and particular attention to detail with good business judgment and exceptional maturity, diplomacy and communication skills (both written and verbal).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Business Development