Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Pr. Information Security Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
The Cybersecurity / Information Security Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working as part of an integrated team to satisfy cybersecurity requirements of Space Systems across ground, communications, and space segments.
- Being the IA/Cyber focal for cryptographic implementations within Space and Ground Segments, to include preparation of System Key Management Plan (SKMP), COMSEC Plans, TEMPEST Control Plans and related Design Notes.
- Identifying appropriate Cross Domain Solution (CDS) requirements for emerging Space-Ground architectures and shepherding these solutions through requirements definition, systems engineering, integration & test, and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes.
- Preparing and executing test procedures to verify compliance with security control requirements.
- Conducting system vulnerability and patch management activities.
- Conducting security scanning and hardening activities on Windows and Red Hat operating systems and various COTS/GOTS applications, include those within virtualized environments.
- Developing and implementing quality RMF products including System Security Plans (SSPs) and related artifacts, including information security continuous monitoring plans.
- US citizen and must hold an active Top Secret clearance.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of IA or Cybersecurity experience, preferably within the defense or aerospace industry.
- Current DoD 8570 IASAE Level II certification (i.e., CASP CE, CISSP (or associate) or CSSLP).
- Recent experience implementing RMF assessment and authorization processes.
- Excellent technical document preparation skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders ranging from technical staffers up to senior program managers.
- Hands-on experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), HBSS, ACAS, and host-based security applications.
- Experience remediating, mitigating, and reporting cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Travel up to 25% (within CONUS and less than one week at a time).
Northrop Grumman is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years