Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Manager Pricing & Estimating
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they'?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Key leadership position responsible for Pricing and Estimating (P&E) leadership and staff oversight of Advanced Programs and Satellite Systems for the Space Division organization reporting to the Director.
The successful applicant will provide hands on, day to day interactive team leadership and management support of a Cost Estimating System.
Position Duties & Description
- Overseeing and leading a staff of employees responsible for pricing and other costing actions for a Business Unit.
- Leadership in the development of compliant, quality cost proposals.
- Working with program office management and capture teams to drive solutions to complex pricing scenarios.
- Supporting DCMA/DCAA offices & Government Compliance regarding proposal audits.
- Interface with customers regarding cost estimating and pricing matters.
- Regular communications with the Business Unit and P&E leadership on status/issues.
Qualifications & Experience
- BS and ten years experience
- Demonstrated management skills including:
- Managing department functions
- Organizing and delegating responsibility w/accountability for timely & accurate completion of assignments
- Quality & timely decision making
- Comprehensive knowledge of FAR Table 15-2 proposal requirements
- Ability to effectively and clearly present proposals financial impacts to all levels of organization utilizing, numerous software applications and communication systems.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent detail orientation.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Pricing Software (ProPricer)
- Experience managing direct reports, and proven ability to lead project teams through to completion.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years