Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Harness Work Center builds complex cable and harness products for the Satellite Manufacturing Facility in Dulles, VA. We are seeking a Supervisor to run the day-to-day of this shop. Supervisor will report to Harness Work Center Manager.
- Supervises Harness Work Center technicians. Handle day-to-day operations of the work center that includes technicians, manufacturing engineers, quality, and planning.
- Empowers and mentors technicians and technical leads.
- Maintains Visual Board and leads the daily morning meeting that includes all staff in the work center.
- Prioritizes jobs in the work center based on program schedules and management schedules.
- Supports and helps lead weekly step-back meetings that include representatives from each program.
- Gives inputs and collaborates with work center management on schedules and budgets.
- Ensures that work center area adheres to best 5S practices. Maintains preventative maintenance schedules. Puts in and follows up on facilities tickets and equipment tickets.
- Responsible for understanding Northrop Grumman technical standards and requirements as it pertains to the trade skills that are maintained in the work center.
- Good candidate will have technical experience that will allow them to make sound technical decisions, and the ability to help perform tech work as needed.
- Ensures quality of the hardware is maintained and company procedures are followed. Ensures workmanship is in accordance with standards.
- Provides regular communication to shop leads, work center management, and program representatives on status and technical issues.
- Drives continuous improvement in the Work Center. Contributes to and maintains log of improvement suggestions. Ensures that suggestions are dispositioned. Leads or assists in leading Kaizen and ‘mini’ Kaizen events.
- Maintains a safe work environment. Ensures that safety concerns are addressed, and communicates with the Safety department.
- Maintains good production flow and assists planner with ensuring that products move through the router appropriately.
- Maintains short-term (2-week) schedule. Collaborates or gives inputs to manager for schedules.
- Helps resolve roadblocks, and escalates as needed. Acts as Expediter when products need expediting.
- Contributes to Manufacturing Readiness Reviews. Helps identify and maintain lessons learned from previous similar programs.
- Assists with employee evaluations. Resolve personnel issues. Maintain employee work schedules, vacations, and shifting.
- Assign mentors or mentorship teams to new hires. Conduct personnel-related training, such as timekeeping.
- Ultimately the Supervisor should be willing to fill in the operational gaps as needed. If a manufacturing engineer is overloaded, Supervisor should have the ability to jump in and help. If a technician needs help on a critical product, Supervisor should be willing to jump in and help.
- A High School diploma or Bachelors degree is required.
- 10 years of experience in related industry
- 3 years supervisory experience required
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- Technical school, training, IPC or J-STD certifications are a plus.
- ActiveTS Clearance is a plus
- Cable and Harness experience is a plus
- Engineering experience is a plus
- Experience with space requirements is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years