Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Perform various analyses, design, and/or assembly related to manufacturing.
- Review Designs of electrical-mechanical units. Perform operational or methods analyses related to labor standards and review product/project flow data, equipment, and labor requirements for use in conducting manufacturing operations
- Assist in the evaluation of engineering changes and/or other specifications requirements and perform as technical liaison with other engineering personnel.
- Develop and monitor work standards and audit work measurement programs
1. Provide process engineering knowledge along with process design inputs, procedure write
ups and any changes that occur. Review Designs of mechanical or electro-
2. Control manufacturing floor process control. Develop new processes as required by
program with facilities.
3. Document all aids and controls.
4. Support equipment maintenance and trouble shooting, new equipment recommendations. Resolve technical issues
5. Review standards, make required changes. Monitor the manufacturing and assembly
process for conformance to specifications.
6. Interface with customers to develop new procedures and process controls.
7. Be able to read and interpret the following documentation: schematic drawing, Word document, Wire list and bill of material
8. Be able to build 3D and stick figure mockups, build non flight components and brackets using model provided by
9. Knowledge of 3 D printing a plus
10. Support the manufacturing floor when question and assembly issue arises
11. Be able to work flexible hours and weekends as needed to support Manufacturing
12. Generate work instructions for harness builds
13. Provide manufacturing input during design reviews
14. Be able to travel to support customers when needed.
15. Knowledge of NASA STD- 8739.4A and J-STD-001 a plus.
16. Harness troubleshoot experience a plus
A Bachelor Degree in Engineering Technology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years