Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Cost Estimator Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Perform some complex Pricing & Estimating reporting for contracts change control. Conduct cost, schedule, contract performance, variance, and risk analysis, proposal preparation, and prepare reports as required. Participate in the development of cost controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status, ensuring compliance with government and customer requirements. Prepare cost pricing proposal for contract changes and new business and provide necessary backup for fact-finding and negotiations. May provide work leadership for staff.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in a creative way. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provides advice/direction in area of expertise. Works on problems with diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Position Duties & Description
- Familiar with Request for Proposal Instructions and standard business practices while being able to deliver a compliant cost proposal.
- Provide direction on how to estimate specifics of Direct Costs, Indirect Costs and Price of Labor and Non Labor requirements throughout the Cost Development Phase.
- Identifying disconnects of the estimates compared to source data/Basis of Estimate.
- Work with multiple financial systems and databases.
- Develop and able to present data products and analysis to multiple Management levels.
- Understand cross functional communication within Contract, Finance, Procurement, Program and Technical teams.
Qualifications & Experience
TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of accounting, financial and business concepts.
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret and present financial information.
- Detailed oriented and the ability to provide timely and accurate resolutions.
- Self-starter, motivated to make improvements, and ability to achieve results with very little guidance in a dynamic fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to independently solve problems and perform real-time resolution by deciding on correct course of action.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Advanced PC skills, including ability to quickly summarize large amounts of data and create advanced reports using Excel and generate presentation using PowerPoint.
- Experience with Automated Pricing Tools (ProPricer, MPM) and Financial Systems (Deltek CostPoint) a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years