Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Financial Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS in San Diego, CA is in search of a Sr Financial Analyst for their Planning and Reporting team.
Sr Financial Analyst - Planning & Reporting
Position Duties & Description
- Prepares, analyzes, and communicates the Division’s consolidated monthly financial forecast for all key metrics: Orders, Sales, EBIT, and Cash Flow.
- Summarizes the results from the quarterly EAC process (Estimate at Complete) for all programs, calculates the impact to the P&L, and communicates booking rates for proper recording into the accounting records. Communicates impact to the P&L to the business.
- Prepares and analyzes the 5 Year Annual Operating Plan and prepares reporting materials and assists with communication at the executive levels.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly resource planning analyses and reviews data with senior level operations leadership.
- Manages and accounts for all aspects of capital spending, from initial request through capitalization. Works with senior leadership to prioritize and rank desired capital spending based on standard rate of return goals.
- Assists with the proper financial reporting of all major transactions within the Division. May assist in supporting monthly reviews of the Division’s balance sheet.
- Assists in preparation of all reporting requests in support internal and external reporting such as the Annual Report Workbook Annual Tax Package.
- Supports special projects and other business analysis as required.
- Supports external and internal audits as required.
- Prepares and analyzes all variances to both Plan and Prior Forecast.
- Implements improvements to achieve 5% forecasting accuracy.
- Assists in preparation of the monthly business performance presentation package.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 4 years related experience with a B.A. or Minimum 2 year related experience with an M.B.A.
- At least 2 years of experience working within DoD Government and commercial contracting environment preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting, financial and business concepts.
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret and present complex financial information.
- Strategic planning and critical thinking skills, coupled with strong analytical and execution skills.
- Detailed oriented and the ability to provide timely and accurate resolutions.
- Self-starter, motivated to make improvements, and ability to achieve results with very little guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to independently solve problems and perform real-time resolution by deciding on correct course of action.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Intermediate PC skills, including ability to quickly summarize data using Excel and generate presentations using PowerPoint.
**This position may be filled at a lower level.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years