Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Financial Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
This Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis in a professional Goleta team environment. This position will support and facilitate the financial and operational information within the Goleta functional departments and leadership. The analyst must also be able to successfully engage in individual and team settings to drive synergy and results.
- Accurately forecast financial metrics (sales, EBIT, and cash), develop the program baseline and Estimates-to-Complete, provide monthly status reports, and analyze trends
- Monitor and report on program funding to ensure that limits are not exceeded
- Assist program teams with developing work breakdown structures (WBS) and inventory abbreviations
- Develop, monitor, and report on program budgets at the work order and GLC level on a weekly and monthly basis
- Prepare high fidelity proposal estimates utilizing past program performance
- Prepare business segment analysis for leadership reviews
- Prepare and review detailed resource needs for resourece planning discussions
- Support internal and external audits of program
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Analytical and communication skills to develop and communicate recommendations to program and senior management teams
- Experience with developing proposal estimates, cost volumes, and working with DCAA on proposal audits
- Ability to achieve results through prioritization, identification and implementation of improvements, and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business and 4+ years of financial analyst experience within an aerospace/government contracting environment.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- US Citizen
- Experience with multiple contract types (Cost Plus Fixed Fees/Cost Plus Incentive Fees, Cost Plus Award Fees, Firm Fixed Price/Firm Price Incentive Fee) desired
- Exposure and experience with Earned Value Management is a plus
- Familiarity with Enterprise Systems: Deltek Costpoint, IBM Cognos and IBM Tables Manager 1 (TM1)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years