Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Configuration/ Data Management Assistant
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS Aerospace Systems in San Diego, CA is currently recruiting for a Quality (Mission Assurance) Configuration Control Assistant, preferably with experience in manufacturing in the Aerospace industry, with excellent skills in Excel and the Microsoft Office suite. Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required for this Mission Assurance support role.
The Sr. Configuration/Data Management Assistant will assure production flight hardware and test articles meet contractual configuration requirements by validating as-built vs. as-designed configuration data. The successful candidate will also be responsible for reviewing manufacturing records (electronic and paper) to ensure compliance to engineering, quality and configuration requirements, and prepare End Item Data Packages in a timely manner to support hardware delivery schedules.
The Configuration Assistant will also represent the Quality Department on the Change Control Board (CCB) to ensure that configuration is maintained at appropriate levels within the organization.
- Assure production flight hardware and test articles meet contractual configuration requirements
- Review manufacturing records (electronic and paper) to ensure compliance to engineering, quality and configuration requirements
- Prepare Data Packages in a timely manner to support hardware delivery schedules.
- Prepare reports and analysis of data provided by Quality Engineering, Configuration Management, Production Control and Inspection to support manufacturing review and investigations.
- Support the generation of inspection reports and other duties as necessary to support operational success.
Compile End Item Data Packages
- Generate and Validate Traceability Report
- Review Baseline Configuration & Changes vs. As-Built configuration data for Compliance
- Collect Required Work-In-Process (WIP) Test Data and Validate Test completion
- Gather Dimensional Inspection Reports (DIR’s) and/or First Article Inspection (FAI) Reports and validate completion
- Gather Material Certifications and flag major issues with content
- Review Manufacturing Orders to collect data when required
- View Final Test Reports for Completion \
- Create DIR and FAI Templates to streamline process saving time and cost
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Aerospace manufacturing experience is a MUST
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is a MUST
- Experience with ISO/AS (Quality/Mission Assurance) requirements, standards, and compliance issues
- Ability to gather information from multiple resources and create efficiencies
- Strong attention to detail, focused on high-level accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines, communicate bottlenecks, drive to meet time requirements.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Access, and PowerPoint) & Adobe Acrobat.
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings and specifications
- Examine data and make recommendations based on policy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, adhere to written procedures
- Excels in a team environment
- Self-directed, Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for excellence
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Work with individuals at all levels including management, peers, and outside customers.
- The ideal candidate will also have a basic understanding of Lean and Continuous Improvement processes
- Ability to sit/stand for up to 9 hours each day. 9/80 schedule.
- Frequent typing, repetitive wrist motion, up to 8 hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed
- MRP/ERP (Costpoint) experience is a plus
- Must be a US citizen
- High School Diploma or higher level of education
- 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment in the Aerospace Industry preferred
- Configuration management/knowledge/experience a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED