Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Plating/Etching Lab Technician - 2nd shift
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Aerospace Painter/Lab Technician
Our San Diego facility is looking for a Lab Technician to join our Wet Chemistry / Plating Team. This position is for 2nd shift (1:30pm-10:30pm).
The ideal candidate will understand tools, equipment, prep, masking, etching, plating and priming of Aerospace and Aircraft components. Qualified candidate should be able to perform the following with little to no supervision:
- Read & understand interpret blueprints, drawings and written instruction
- Composite metal surface preparation including sanding, etching, alodine, water break testing.
- Chemical conversion coatings
- Overall shop cleaning and maintenance
- Familiar with composite and metals surface preparation
- 5-8 years hands on experience, preferably in the Aerospace Industry, with several of the following processes: Chemical Cleaning, Etching, Paint/Dry Film Coatings, Plating, Stripping, Surface Prep, Surface Treatment/Passivation
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and stand for prolonged periods of time, climb steps, ladders and or service/stands
- Must be able to work at heights utilizing fall protection equipment (man lifts, ladders and stands)
- Must be able to Lift up to 35 pounds
- Must pass a Respiratory Physical
- Must be able to wear a full face Respirator
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED