Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Program Manager - Ceramics
COI Ceramics Inc. (COIC), an affiliate of Northrop Grumman Corporation, is a world leader in development and delivery of mission-critical ceramic matrix composite (CMC) structures for the aerospace and defense industries. With over 20 years of experience, COIC uses advanced CMC manufacturing technologies to produce lightweight and reliable structures for commercial and military aircraft, missile and industrial programs.
COIC has an opening for a Program Manager who will split time between managing/supporting internal and external development and production programs, supporting new business development both in direct customer interface and conference support, and development of business proposals. The Program Manager will simultaneously lead multiple programs with total value of up to $10M annually. This regular full-time position will be reporting to the Business/Program Director of COIC on a 9/80 work schedule. This position is responsible for leading multiple work areas within COIC to include: Non-Oxide CMC Processing, Oxide CMC Processing, and high temperature ceramic fiber processing.
- Able to obtain a Security Clearance; Active Security clearance is desirable
- 10+ years of experience in aerospace, defense or related manufacturing industry with progressive Program Management and/or Operations Management positions
- Experience in leading and delegating proposals
- Experience in planning, managing, supporting high rate production programs and transition to initial production
- Technical background in material science, ceramics, aerospace, manufacturing or mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience working with composites preferred; CMC processing highly desirable
- Experience in customer business development highly preferred
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Exhibit organizational skills for planning, monitoring and controlling work efforts
- Exhibit proven track record in meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Possess strong communication/presentation skills
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex matters of diverse scope and nature
- Ability to effectively convey complex technical information in individual and group settings.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement/Lean/5S principles
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Project
- BS in Business Administration or Engineering Required; Advanced Degree a valuable plus
- Completion of Business or Project/Program Management Professional Training highly desirable
The Program Manager responsibilities are broad and rewarding; you are the direct interface to external customers in this position. For your external end item customer you are responsible for capturing new and follow-on business through development of business relationships and achieving programming expectations. For your internal customer you are responsible to support in any and all necessary capacity to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals for your program are achieved.
- Plan and execute all aspects of contracted program and has complete responsibility for successfully managing all technical, financial, contractual and schedule aspects of multiple programs. Has P&L responsibility for assigned programs. Works with customers to define requirements and is their primary contact on status and performance. Anticipates and fulfills customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.
- Captures new business and contributes to defining technical strategy for assigned product segment. Manages a variety of Bid and Proposal efforts.
- Participates in business strategy sessions. Presents business proposals to senior management.
- Leads a cross functional team of associates with a wide range of skill sets, ensuring roles and responsibilities of all team members are well understood and executed. Provide overall leadership to program team and drive technical compliance.
- Acts as customer interface for program activities. Leads program review sessions with the customer to address cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Manages subcontractor actions and performance.
- Develops and manages technical performance metrics on assigned projects.
- Identifies and executes plans to mitigate program risks.
- Ensures program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost and schedule, and adequacy of systems, procedures, and people for long term success.
COIC has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in the CMC marketplace. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, COIC is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years