Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Cost Estimator, San Diego, CA
- Estimates labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request for proposal (RFP) data submitted by prospective customers.
- Analyzes specifications, including sketches, CAD date, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor.
- Prepares and maintains historical cost data.
- Creates cost models for cost estimating elements.
- Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
Responsibilities: development, coordination and review of engineering cost estimates (ROM, NTE, FIRM) to insure compliance to the customer’s RFPs/RFQ/CDs. Ensure proposal inputs provide a well-documented cost estimate based on current, accurate and complete data. Prepare proposal response package to include appropriate cover memo, Ground Rules and Assumptions, Change Impact Notification, Detail Estimation Form and Task Assessment Sheets. Provide support, coordination and integration of proposal prior to input to Contracts and Pricing. Support proposal price review, proposal adjustments, customer Request for Information (RFI), fact-finding and negotiations as required by the Contracts and Pricing Organizations.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Background in cost estimating and a basic understanding of engineering and manufacturing labor processes and statements of work (SOW).
- Understanding of labor and support labor relationships.
- Good communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Sound reasoning and mathematical skills.
- Have an understanding of recurring and non-recurring type of effort.
- Be able to design, update, and implement new cost reports and/or models.
- Excellent MS Office Suite experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to create Pivot Tables, Macros, and other spreadsheet functions as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 3 years of Estimating experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Aerospace/defense industry experience
Familiarity with FAR and CAS requirements.
- Working knowledge of Pro Pricer and Costpoint
- Thorough understanding of General Accounting Principles.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Business Development