Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Production Planner - Project Employee
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Production Control Planner, Goleta, CA
This is a Temp to Hire/Project Employee requisition.
- Track material shortages for work-orders, Kits, sub-assemblies based on bill-of-material or drawings or configuration. Highlight to management critical part shortages that will jeopardize ship schedule.
- Create and release work orders based on bill-of-materials and configuration. Close work orders after sub-assemblies, assemblies and integration are complete.
- Maintain materials, parts and bill of materials, ensuring bill of material supports efficient material flow and is aligned with assembly process.
- Planner must understand manufacturing capacity and allocate as required to meet build plan commitments. Expedites and reschedules open purchase orders to suit production-planning requirements
- Must understand & execute material requirements planning (MRP), capacity planning and other advanced material planning needs
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between departments, according to manufacturing schedules or priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized records
- Effectively communicate and report material status, issues, and highlights
- Prioritize Work Orders and program needs against overall company program needs
- Update Work Orders based on Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in Production Control as a Planner in a manufacturing environment utilizing a MRP system.
- Working computer literacy using an ERP system, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), spreadsheet and production control and work order procedures are required
- Must have experience in rescheduling, canceling, opening and closing work orders per MRP.
- Must be experienced in understanding product structures, configurations and bill-of-material and parts specification
- Must of experience in creating metrics for production demands, tracking part shortages, open PO’s, track due dates and inventory reports
- Strong analytical skills are a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and very tight timelines
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED