Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS, San Diego is currently seeking a Proposal Analyst. The ideal candidate has a manufacturing engineer background, is highly analytical and seeking a transition role into Program Management.
The Proposal Analyst will support proposals from both internal and external customers for RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, etc. A mechanical engineering background, marketing, customer satisfaction and business strategy are also key factors which will drive success in this position. The Proposal Analyst will
- Write proposals with a balance of customer win points and Orbital ATK cost considerations
- Ensure proposal compliance to the RFQ/RFI
- Obtain win targets from the customer
- Retains past proposals, resumes, graphics and performance information to use for generation of new proposals
- Prepares data for proposal related reports
- Review and analyze solicitations and related documents
- Present proposal submissions
- Prepare post-delivery material, presentations and reviews
- Develop and maintain documentation, general and project-specific guides
- Contribute to recalibration of the proposal development process to support continuous improvement
- Able to work under time constraints to ensure critical deadlines are met (may require overtime)
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence
- Diplomatic customer communication approach
- Excellent oral and written communication, computer, documentation, and presentation skills are required
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and manage time in a high pressure environment
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Finance or Marketing
- Project Management certification preferred
- Working towards on time delivery of challenging proposal submissions
- Considerable understanding of the proposal process as it relates to each unique set of requirements
- A disciplined, consistent, and proven approach to proposals to support AS9100 compliance
Must be a US citizen and have the ability to work on ITAR controlled products.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Business Development