Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Mission Assurance Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Mission Assurance Engineer, San Diego, CA
- Program/Project Quality Engineering: Work with Program Manager and other functions on multiple concurrent projects developing and executing quality plans in support of program schedule and financial objectives. Act as liaison between company and customer on all related quality issues.
- Lead Corrective and Preventive Action activities for assigned programs. Properly assign ownership of all issues, ensure that process owners provide timely responses for all assigned actions, and follow-up to ensure that actions taken have been effective in preventing recurrence of the noted product or process nonconformance.
- Coordinate inspection and metrology activities with appropriate departments to support program Quality Plan. Review Manufacturing Planning for adequacy and completeness, while ensuring that all customer and contractual requirements are properly incorporated.
- Ensure that all Quality related deliverables, such as End Item Data Packages are complete and accurate in support of contractual requirements and program objectives.
- Support program needs for customer presentations and data analysis as required.
- Perform internal audits of program technical requirements to ensure proper interpretation and implementation.
- Schedule and/or support all shifts as necessary to meet company goals.
- BS in a related Engineering field (Experience will be considered - in lieu)
- U.S. citizenship is required for consideration
- 5+ years demonstrated aerospace experience in Quality Engineering and Quality Control. Familiarity with standard Mechanical Inspection techniques and tools. Ability to read Drawings and other Technical Data.
- Good communication skills required, both written and oral format.
- Ability to successfully interact with both internal and external customers on a variety of technical solutions.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision. Good time management skills.
- Confidence to enforce Quality Management System policies and procedures, while also working as part of a Team.
Experience with AS9100 QMS. MS Office computer skills required. (MS Access, Project experience a plus) Ability to read and interpret Drawings per ASME Y14.5 and Technical Data and Documents. Preparation of presentations and presentation of same to customers. Hands on understanding of Procurement, MRB, CAPA.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years