Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Maintenance Tech - Project Employee
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Facilities Maintenance Technician, Project Employee, in San Diego, CA.
Under general supervision, this position performs maintenance and repairs of building and office facilities, ovens, machinery and equipment. Equipment includes air conditioners and heaters, compressors and machine shop equipment. Perform preventative maintenance and repair work on fan coils, air handling units and plant machinery. Perform pipe repairs and installations of air, vacuum, and drainage systems as well as other various tasks as needed. Conducts routine, periodic or special inspections, as directed, to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery and equipment. Safely uses hand and power tools as necessary. Assists in moving of machinery and equipment.
Maintain and repair plumbing, electrical, soft soldering and brazing of various metals and pipefitting; perform minor electrical installations and operate and troubleshoot chillers, perform mechanical and electrical repairs and maintenance to the buildings; preventative maintenance on fan coils, air handling units and plant machinery; various small odd jobs, minor pipe repairs, and installations of air, vacuum, and drainage systems; drive company vans, trucks or cars to load and haul equipment; complete Facilities Service Requests as assigned by Department Manager. Other duties as assigned by supervisor; responsible for observing all laws, codes, federal, state and local regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company; expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent (will be verified)
- Three or more years progressive experience in servicing and troubleshooting HVAC equipment.
- Must demonstrate full understanding of facilities maintenance principles, theories and concepts and a working knowledge of and discretion in safely operating hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other mechanical drawings;
- Good analytical ability to recognize deviations from accepted practice;
- Basic knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the maintenance field;
- Ability to work extended hours or 2nd shift as required
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work with all levels of personnel, including management and outside vendors and to accurately communicate, document and report.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED