Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Process Center Engineer - Wet Chemistry Lab
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is looking for a Chemical Process Center Engineer to support our Paint and Coating Operations in San Diego, CA.
Working closely with manufacturing engineering and materials & processes engineering teams
To support production needs and develop new technology in the areas of paint application and coatings.
· Use analytical problem solving skills to resolve surface finishing of Paint and Primer issues
· Perform failure evaluations and develop corrective and preventive action recommendations.
· Review design drawings and provide design recommendations.
· Perform tool, material, and process qualifications or product development including developing and executing test plans.
· Apply engineering knowledge to write engineering standards and specifications.
· Write proposals for and develop research projects and/or test plans to resolve problems, improve manufacturing processes, and evaluate and implement emerging technologies.
· Apply knowledge of material properties to develop, select, or recommend tool, equipment, parts, materials and processes that meet the environmental and regulatory requirements for chemical, environmental, mechanical, and electrical systems.
BS Chemical Engineering or Material Science Engineering or closely related disciplines
Experience with paints, primers, or organic coating materials and/or processes, sample preparation and testing, and safe lab practices.
Typical Education and Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years