Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Business Development Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Sector is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager located at our Bacchus, UT plant. This role will have strategy and business development responsibility for Navy D5 SLBM propulsion, strategic propulsion development, and additional systems for a variety of potential customers. This position will require extensive interfacing with the Navy D5 SSP organization primarily located in Washington, DC, along with aerospace industry vendors, partners and clients in Sunnyvale, CA and throughout the U.S. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining full cognizance of status of ongoing and evolving Navy SLBM fleet ballistic missile programs by regular discussions with decision-makers, and key staff & support at all levels to gain and keep customer intimacy.
- Sustaining an understanding of customer needs to identify and guide potential opportunities and projects, including identifying and shaping specific emerging technologies and missions.
- Communicating with customers on ongoing Northrop Grumman programs to solicit constructive feedback and insure program success and growth.
- Introducing Northrop Grumman leaders and managers to appropriate government decision makers.
- Working closely with program management and communications to ensure relevant Northrop Grumman strategic communications for this business area. Suggest press releases and other media presentations and events that highlight Northrop Grumman contributions and programs.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the full nature of Northrop Grumman contributions to and contracts with the Navy SSP office and other government programs executed or contemplated by the customer base or program office.
- Understanding the competitive landscape including identifying, recommending, and fostering potential teaming opportunities with key industry partners to enhance Northrop Grumman competitiveness.
- Advising Division business development leads and capture managers on strategies to increase the probability-of-win on specific proposals and pursuits.
- Participating in shaping development programs with the government program offices without the continuous presence of the Northrop Grumman capture manager.
- Participating in “color team” reviews of specific pursuits, bringing knowledge of customer and competitors to proposal development
Required experience and background:
- Technical BS degree and advanced technical or business degree
- 15 years of experience in the aerospace business, government or industry with leadership experience. Strongly prefer 5 years of experience in industry business development or program management.
- Understanding of core Business Development, competitive analysis, capture management, and proposal development processes
- Extensive knowledge of Navy D5 SLBM Program, preferably including time served in the US government
- Good knowledge of US aerospace industry, including primes, suppliers, and services and their capabilities
- Good knowledge of basic SLBM systems, propulsion, and operations.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with existing aerospace professionals.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Northrop Grumman divisions and customer locations within and outside of the US
- Current Secret Level Security Clearance or ability to obtain one
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Business Development