Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Asset Management Administrator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Asset Management Admin in our Magna, UT offices.
- Maintains property accountability records for all property (company, customer, and Government) through the entire life cycle and determines condition and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment as conditions warrant.
- Interpret and apply company Policies and Procedures, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), NASA Supplements, and contract requirements as they relate to property management
- Position will require maintenance of property records from acquisition to disposal within company and customer business systems.
- Position will assist with acquisition authority, records, property ownership, identification, maintenance, utilization, property storage, and disposition requirements in accordance with contract specifications.
- Advises management in all matters pertaining to Property Management outcomes as called out by the FAR.
- Ensure accountability is assigned for each item of property to the end user or custodian and appropriate disposition of the items when no longer needed or reassigned.
- Maintain day to day communications with internal and external personnel as necessary to derive information for updating the Property Management System.
- Prepare reports of property necessary to meet Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements and well as enter required record information as required in FAR 52.245-1.
- Print out and send barcodes and/or barcode peripherals to appropriate project personnel for marking, identification and accountability requirements.
- Maintains accurate inventory data within an automated system for auditability and accountability.
- Conducts property audits internally and with customers; provides guidance on government regulations pertaining to property accountability to maintain Orbital ATK compliance to regulations.
- Develops, recommends, and implements property administration policy and procedure;
- Prepares periodic and special purpose reports.
- Identifies government and customer property issues and provides leadership in developing solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Represents the organization as a prime contact with internal and external customers and outside organizations, interacting with senior personnel on significant matters.
- Provides training or direction to less experienced staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Prepare property systems data and utilizes to manage and complete property reports (e.g. inventory, inventory disposal, utilization, financial reports NASA NF1018s_ etc.).
- Prepare, report and utilize metrics to determine the "health" of property outcome processes.
- Evaluate property processes across the company to incorporate best practices and develop common processes, procedures and measurement tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Accounting, or related field.
- NPMA certification desired.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of government property administration principles, theories and concepts as well as a strong understanding of property administration practices, techniques, and standards
- The ability to exercise independent judgment in solving a variety of complex tasks and issues
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees including management and outside representatives
- Strong MS Office Suite experience
- The ability to work independently or lead in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required between plant sites
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years