Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Application Developer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Senior Applications Developer to be a key member of our Safety and Mission Assurance Information Technical Team. This position will be located at Promontory, UT.
This position will be responsible for the analysis of key performance indicators (KPI) within Safety & Mission Assurance to provide monthly metrics to leadership across the breadth of Propulsion Systems. The candidate will need a strong technical and business systems background for the review and evaluation of data within multiple database systems. Responsibilities also include project management skills in support of software development and deployment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Primary focus will be project management of projects within the Quality Infrastructure Technical Team (QITT)
- Effective partnership with the leadership of functional departments is expected.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with the ability to move projects to completion
- Ability to establish priorities/milestones and to stay within deadlines
- Ability to seek systemic root cause solutions and identifying corrective action strategies related to process compliance.
- Experience and abilities with database analysis, Visual Studio, and Reporting Services
- Knowledge and experience with quality metrics is a plus.
- Engage leaders in accountability for root cause analysis and effective preventive/corrective action implementation across programs, plants, processes, and personnel, and allocation of resources to ensure effectiveness of our systems.
- Interacting appropriately and professionally with government and customer representatives.
- Identify trends and systemic issues, solve complex problems through systematic and objective analysis of information, support development of appropriate process improvement plans, and implementation of effective systemic process improvements.
- BS degree in MIS, IT, or Business Administration and 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Information Technology