Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Contracts Admin
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This role will provide contract management support as directed by the Contracts Managers on assigned programs. This includes basic contract management tasks from proposal/pursuit phase through contract execution and closeout.
- Act as primary interface with customer for contractual issues; Monitor contract and associated program to ensure that contractual obligations are communicated and understood.
- Participate in contract proposal preparation, contract negotiations, contract administration, and customer contract activities to manage assigned contracts in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Work under general supervision to develop solutions to both routine and complex contractual matters to ensure company compliance with contract requirements on assigned programs.
- Ensure fulfillment of contract requirements, manage contract changes and maintain historical information.
- Review terms and conditions to address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist management in achieving financial goals related to cash management, EBIT and sales.
- Prepare and manage written communications with internal and external customers for assigned contractual matters.
- Enter contract data into Contract Management System and/or Enterprise Accounting System
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent is required. Professional Certification is desired.
- Request 5 years of contract administration experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, be proficient in MS Office and be very detail oriented.
- Familiarity with FAR, DFARS and defense contracting is preferred as well as experience with US government customers.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Supply Chain, Administrative