Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Mgr Facilities
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Leads facilities long range planning activities. Directs the day to day NGIS facilities operations including building operations and maintenance, construction, and related services, facilities service pools, reception, and office support services, including mail & express package delivery, office supplies, office furniture and equipment. Provides management of facilities budgets, staffing plans, space utilization, and strategic planning. Represents Company & Department interests in interactions with landlords, management companies, subcontractors, and internal users.
- Inspects facilities and performs audits pertaining to fire codes, electrical & building codes.
- Tracks and evaluates use of building space and allocations. Initiates corrective action and makes recommendations to upper management.
- Oversees subcontractors involved in building operations, maintenance, cleaning, moving, cafeteria & catering services. Administers Company P-Card accounts.
- Manages event planning
- Analyzes and evaluates all facets of building and grounds infrastructure. Reports results to upper management
- Develops strategic facilities plans based on financial outlook and sales pipeline
- Leads facilities working group with key stakeholder groups and functional support teams to identify and prioritize key facilities requirements
- Develops and manages capital plan.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facility modifications. Engages architects, engineers, and contractors for implementation of new facility construction renovations of existing spaces and leased & owned facilities.
- Ensures design & construction are coordinated with executive management’s vision and intentions.
- Provides cost estimates, statements of work, layouts for construction and acquisitions. Inspects construction in progress.
- Develops long range plans & annual budgets relating to capital expenditures and facility operations. Tracks same on a monthly basis. Approves invoices for payment.
- Directs staff in completion of tasks related to support services including reception, office supplies and equipment, mail and package delivery, vehicle maintenance, furniture moves and storage, document retrieval and storage, facility work orders, minor repairs and construction. Ensures that staff members are meeting all training requirements & are following all company policies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Generally Bachelor’s Degree with 14 years government contracting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Supply Chain, Operations