Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Electrical Technician - Requires Security Clearance
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Electrical Technician to join our team in Pasadena, California in the local vicinity of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI
- Responsible for performing routine, non-routine, and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project
- May train and be assisted by lower level technicians
- Work on various types of electronic equipment and related devices by performing one or a combination of the following: installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, constructing, and testing
- Work requires practical application of technical knowledge of electronic principles, ability to determine malfunctions, and skill to put equipment in required operating condition.
- Work closely with electrical engineers building up flight hardware and test equipment, including electrical construction, wire harnesses, test cables for component, circuit card assembly, and testing
- Participate in integration and check out of electrical systems during integration, testing, and field activities.
- Tasks will involve acceptance and qualification testing of all types of electrical components
- Responsible for fabrication of electronic assemblies and harnesses
- Responsibilities will include operating, maintenance, upgrades and repairs to ground stations
- Fabricate wire harnesses for flight hardware checkout, testing cables for component, circuit board and deck testing, flight harness and flight cables
- Assemble circuit card assemblies and test point to point wiring
- Use electronic equipment and related devices for installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, construction, and testing
- Receive technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technicians. Work is reviewed for specific compliance with accepted practices and work assignments
- Assignments may include the calibration of electronic and instrumentation equipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Technical knowledge of electronic principles, and ability to use schematics in such areas as drafting, designing, equipment construction, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and understanding of airborne telemetry systems including wiring, installation of flight components, performance of initial flight hardware checks
- Ability to use complex tools to perform precise work following prints, sketches, work instructions and verbal instruction
- Knowledge of a wide variety of electronic test equipment to support component / flight hardware testing and checkout of prototype electronic instrumentation.
- Experience and operational proficiency with electronic equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, multi-meters, etc.
Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
- Crimp, Cable, and Harness Certification per applicable standard
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- Forklift Operator Certification per GPR 8719.1B
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- Mate / Demate per applicable standard
- Ordnance / Pyrotechnics Certification per applicable standard
- Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Electrical Technology, or equivalent military/trade school training is preferred
- Minimum 4 years of general experience with 2 years as an electronic technician, or a total of 6 years of general electronic experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED