Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Develop, negotiate, and administer subcontract agreements, orders, and modifications ensuring flow-down consistency and compliance. Maintain and track the department metrics and goals to achieve results and execute programs and projects on time and within budget. Provide the leadership skills to influence, motivate, and direct the staff to build effective teams and foster cooperation between the various functional counterparts.
- Interprets and applies company, policies, processes and procedures, business standards and U.S. government regulations, i.e., FAR, DFAR, NFS, SOX Compliance.
- Manage the overall strategic sourcing and procurement activities within a Category Management Team from development through production and final contract close out; compiles technical, quality, delivery and contractual requirements and prepares / issues requests for quote/proposal.
- Acts as interface between program managers, other functional areas and supplier to achieve program success.
- Leads cross-functional teams charged with investigating, analyzing, and solving issues of significant complexity.
- Analyzes proposals for all areas of risk and compliance (cost/schedule/T&C/technical) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract definitization.
- Evaluate proposals/quotations from subcontractors/ vendors/ teaming partners, perform cost/price analysis negotiate terms and conditions, favorable prices/ rates, Truthful Cost or Pricing Act (formerly known as TINA), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Small Business Subcontracting Program/Plan.
- Supervise, mentor, review subcontract files to ensure compliance, and prepare performance reviews for each member of the staff.
- Self-Starter with problem solving skills, proficient in the government acquisition process with a strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency supplements, such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), NASA (NFS), positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visible and critical tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organization, negotiations, communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to mentor junior staff members of varying levels of experience.
- CPSR experience, Costpoint, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS Degree & 10 years of related experience in supply chain management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years