Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Prepare detailed drawings for mechanical/electrical components and assemblies from notes, datasheets, verbal instructions, and/or rough/detailed sketches from engineering. Drawings will be used to fabricate/build Space Flight and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) for our Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) and Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) customers. Make adjustments/corrections to drawings or specifications as directed by engineering. Verify/check completed work by other team members by checking dimensions, materials to be used, and quantities.
- Produce drawings of detail parts and assemblies using AutoCAD software
- Verify/check other team members completed work, dimension check, material check, and quantity check
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD
- Must be familiar with Windows and Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Excel is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal communication and customer interface skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Experienced with Mentor Graphics PADS/DxDesigner, Cadence OrCAD, CAM350, and/or Altium is a plus but not required.
- VBA programming in Excel and PADS a plus but not required.
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent experience is required.
- Graduate of a CAD/Drafting/Design/Computer Aided program or equivalent AutoCAD experience is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED