Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Security Clearance Required
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Groups has an opening for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Dulles, VA. Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph is required.
Software Quality Assurance is a unique function within the Space Systems Group, working on spacecraft programs, highly interactive with multiple subsystems, and knowledgeable of the overall software development life-cycle process including software planning, design, implementation, verification, validation, acceptance and delivery.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a good understanding of the software life cycle, process and product compliance, ISO and CMMI audits, nonconformance system, and a detail oriented approach to identify and capture noncompliance and risks throughout the software’s development life cycle and maintenance. Excellent people and technical skills are required to coordinate with various subsystems, conduct compliance analysis and audits, implement corrective actions, and interact with management.
- Implement a software assurance plans based on contractual and compliance requirements
- Support program reviews such as Software Requirements Reviews, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Test Readiness Review, etc.
- Review and approve software work products for internal and external delivery
- Oversee software requirements development and ensure requirements traceability from system level, to design, component, test, and back
- Plan, perform and report product and process compliance audits
- Ensure software product compliance to polices, processes, and standard requirements (e.g. ISO, CMMI, IEEE, NASA, SAE, etc.)
- Identify non-conformances and root cause; successfully implement corrective and preventive actions
- Chair Software Configuration Control Boards, review software changes and approved implementation using related software problem tracking tools (e.g. TRAC, Razor, Jira, etc.)
- Witness software/firmware verification testing, software patches and software validation to ensure compliance to requirements and procedures
- Interact with customers, subcontractors and engineering, ensuring product’s compliance and to resolve issues
- Develop and deliver required metrics, presentations and reports to internal and external customers
- BS in Engineering or a related field
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance standards
- Knowledge of various software development life cycles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of software nonconforming product tracking systems
- Familiar with C/C++ programming
- Excellent writing communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Exceptional customer responsiveness
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures
- Be detail oriented and thorough
- Ability to successfully work multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Capable of working on multiple levels of compliance requirements
- Work well under pressure and adapts well to unplanned tasks
- Ability and willingness to continuously learn and implement new processes
- Dedicated to teamwork and be ability to work very well in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years