Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Config / Data Mgmt Spec
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Provide support in the areas of configuration management and engineering data management to ensure that engineering change notices/proposals, deviations, waivers, drawings, drawing change orders and drawing revisions are addressed through established processes.
- Provide NASA Sounding Rocket Operations Contract (NSROC) configuration management and data management activities in support of Mission Work Orders and Development and Routine Project Assignment (DRPA) Projects.
- Design, implement, audit and update CM data management systems.
- Track Configuration change requests, document control, collect and review comments, coordinate Material Review Board (MRB) meeting, identify and collect data associated with configuration management system and maintain databases.
- Manage and maintain program data and changes in both ADEPT and ACCESS databases.
- Review data for completeness and adherence to CM policies.
- Job requires significant data entry.
- Applicant must understand, and be able to apply, basic CM principles.
- May also be responsible for contract data submittal and status.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in information systems and 1 year of experience in configuration management
- CM experience related to manufactured hardware.
- Good organizational and people skills.
- Remain flexible and be able to multitask.
- Ability to learn, understand, and follow complex directions, with minimal supervision.
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office tools and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Must be detailed oriented!
- Existing experience with relational databases.
- Familiarization with ISO 9001 certification. ISO 9001 Certified Lead Auditor preferred.
Education and Experience
Requires HS Diploma with at least 6 years or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) and 2 or more years of related experience preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Health and Safety