Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Supply Chain Inventory Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
To perform detailed duties to aid in the maintenance of inventory accuracy which includes ensuring proper production reporting. To perform “vendor-managed inventory” functions including: management of material replenishment of inventory, material storage implementation and organization, and professional customer service. To assist in the reconciliation and review of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) held offsite, and support all requirements for BOMs. Ideal candidates will have inventory experience, including cycle count, product and process flow and a strong reporting systems background.
The Supply Chain Inventory Analyst will be responsible for but not limited to the following job duties:
- Drives inventory accuracy through improved planning/coordination, disciplined material movement, improved inventory record accuracy and lean material flow.
- Maintain and post transactions to the Costpoint sub-ledger including adjustments and transfers
- Review inventory reports provided by VMI sites and reconcile to Costpoint sub-ledger
- A key contact for business partners including VMI Management and Supply Chain and key suppliers
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of VMI accounting
- A key contact for the financial statement audit, quarterly reviews and internal audit as it relates to VMI
- Ability to interact with Finance and Operations regarding Material Accounting, and Requirements to support the business.
- Experience with inventory management computer systems and processes.
- Ability to report Inventory Balances, both in house and externally (VMI), develop KPIs, Inventory turnover rates, and other key metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized, methodical thinker with excellent decision-making skills.
- Experience with inventory management computer systems and processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to interface with Supplier Portals for ordering and uploading of data
- Excellent analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data.
- Strong analytical skills and financial reporting
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-4 years’ experience in Supply Chain preferred (e.g. Order Management, Distribution, Inventory Management, Transportation, Demand and Supply Planning etc.).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years