Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Under minimal to no supervision, procure materials, equipment and commodity products of medium to high complexity and value purchase orders. Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality and service. Manage supplier performance from issuance of order through close-out. Interface with Supply Chain Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving, Program Management and Supplier's Contractual Representative. May mentor junior staff members. Signature authority commensurate with level of experience and responsibility as defined in the Group's Authorized Signature List and would require delegation of authority for any order greater than signature authority, when required.
- Reviews Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtains additional information considered necessary.
- Prepares Request for Quotation (RFQ)and identifies sources eligible to receive RFQ for complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
- Under minimal or no supervision, evaluates suppliers' quotes/ proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact finds suppliers' proposals.
- Under minimal or no supervision, participates in the source selection team for competitive procurements.
- Performs a price analysis to determine price reasonableness.
- Under minimal or no supervision, negotiates with suppliers on price, schedule, terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
- Makes purchase order awards to suppliers and documents the Purchase Order folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures. May administer Purchase Orders issued by a more senior Procurement professional, such as an order placement against a commodity agreement.
- Manages supplier performance during the period of performance, including but not limited to following-up on orders placed to verify delivery and/or resolve any contractual issues.
- May mentor junior staff members.
- May provide proposal support.
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS & 5 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
CPSR experience, Costpoint, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED