Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Electrical Engineer - CCA/Digital Designer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer - CCA/Digital Designer to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Analog and Digital Sr. Engineer for tactical missile system development and production programs
Key responsibilities include:
- Experience with Missile hardware design, range safety, telemetry and flight terminations systems highly desired.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts Analog, Power and Digital designs and evaluations of engineering design concepts.
- Create Analog, Power and Digital designs simulation models using computer modeling tools.
- Creates test plans and procedures for a variety of circuit card, environmental testing and Electrical System Integration.
- Oversees or participates in hardware and integration in a laboratory environment testing.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement based on review of failure data and supports development and implementation of component design improvements or updates.
- Supports design reviews and test activities, as needed. Supports subcontractor evaluation, selection and coordination activities with respect to Analog, Power and Digital needs.
- Develops specifications and requirements, reviews Engineering Change Proposals, and generates formal whitepapers and failure reports.
- Supports program Engineering Configuration Change Board (CCB), Corrective Action Board (CAB) and Failure Review Boards (FRB), as required.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- BS in Electrical Engineering required, MS preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in Analog, Power and Digital product design and development.
- Safety engineering knowledge desired.
- Proven hands on design experience of board level and system level products.
- Experience with Open System Architecture
- Direct Digital conversion experience / signal processing hardware experience / Data link experience is a plus.
- Strong Analog background with a good mechanical understanding.
- Experience desired in manufacturing support, characterization, test.
- Ability to use and collect test data using Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, Logic Analyzers, Software Based Debugging tools, In-Circuit Emulators, RF Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, and signal generators is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret military requirements, specifications, and Engineering drawings/schematics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships with customers, coworkers, and vendors are a must.
- Ability to communicate findings to customers and management.
- Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with some direction.
- Innovated thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which require ingenuity and “out of the box” ideas.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team
- Ability to study and understand complex electronics/mechanical systems
- Ability to create or review presentations, emails, white papers, trade studies, and reports for content and accuracy.
- Ability to follow company processes and procedures
- Meticulous documentation and attention to traceability skills
- Familiarity with Mentor PCB Design suite (DxDesigner, Layout, Simulation, Hyper lynx), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio), and CAD tools and Matlab.
- Familiarity with Printed Wire Board and Circuit Card Assembly processes (schematic capture, layout, fabrication, assembly) from concept thru design and production and sustaining through end-of-life.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years