Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Systems Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently looking for a Principal Systems Analyst to join our offices in Clearfield, UT.
Demonstrate strong facilitation, organizational, documentation and communication skills while soliciting, identifying and documenting Business and Technical requirements providing traceability throughout planning, designing and testing phases. Demonstrate the ability to work with a software development team to meet project deliverables. The business processes and areas in scope include Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement Manufacturing Practices. Project Management and Agile methodology are a plus.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create or update current state process maps and the technology components currently in place that support these processes and mapping this against a proposed technology solution in order to identify any functional gaps
- Works individually and with cross functional teams to develop product requirements, business cases and development plans
- Supports technical teams in early stage product development by providing use cases, requirements and specifications
- Coordinating test activities as they pertain to validating and verifying the system solution
- Matching approved requirements including the creation and execution of test cases and scripts
- Provide user support for implemented business/manufacturing systems, both COTS and custom
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering/IT or related major
- 9 + years’ related work experience and detailed subject matter expertise regarding manufacturing, supply chain and lean processes using ERP and CRM systems
- Specific experience in MES, shop floor, EWI systems preferred
- Previous experience working with third-party software suppliers and partners
- Candidate must have worked in a team environment and have experience interacting with engineering, manufacturing, inventory control and configuration management customers
- Demonstrated communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Must have an understanding of Project Management
- Must have the ability to influence up and across all management levels
- Must ensure that assigned project deliverable meet specifications and are completed on time
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and work independently
- Understands application design, application integration and best practices
- Hands on experience with Deltek Costpoint, PLM systems (TcUA or similar), MES systems (iBASEt Solumina or similar), Atlassian Jira and MS Project
- Experience supporting an aerospace manufacturing plant
- Knowledgeable in .NET and Java development
- Knowledgeable in database SQL query writing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Information Technology