Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Analyst, Sector Financial Reporting
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an Analyst, Sector Financial Reporting to join our Dulles, VA offices.
Role description & Responsibilities
The Analyst, Sector Financial Reporting is responsible for supporting the reporting monthly close process and consolidation of information to Corporate. This position will report to the Sector Manager of Financial Reporting. Core duties of the role will be to design and maintain processes that facilitate efficient and accurate gathering of data for internal and external reporting purposes. This high impact and high visible role will work closely with the Sector’s division business management, shared service center and corporate business management.
- Responsible for supporting the monthly close and consolidation of information into Corporate Consolidation tool, HFM (Hyperion Financial Management).
- Responsible for preparing standard and non-standard consolidation journal entries.
- Responsible for Sector Cash Reporting.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements to support 10-Q, 10-K and other regulatory reporting requirements due to Corporate.
- Supports the chart of account mapping maintenance and process to support corporate requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring sector financial reporting processes are SOX compliant.
- 5 years' experience
- Requisite technical knowledge of GAAP to ensure SOX compliance
- Big 4 experience
- US Public company
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and controls testing best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time analysis and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- CPA preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years